Grief and the Loss of What You Hoped and Planned For – Justine Brooks Froelker
Justine Brooks Froelker is a Licensed Professional Counselor and a Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator (based on the research of Brené Brown) working in private practice. She is the author of her book and blog, Ever Upward [www.everupward.org], and an advocate for speaking shame and learning to thrive after life doesn’t turn out how you hoped, dreamed and planned. Justine lives in Saint Louis, Missouri with her husband Chad and their three dogs. She enjoys her childfull life by spending time with friends and family, practicing creative self-care, laughing (sometimes at herself) and building butterfly gardens on her acre of land, which has made her an accidental monarch butterfly farmer.
On this episode, Justine:
- Shares her story of infertility, grief, and learning how she can support others.
- Explains how she determined her “enough and everything.”
- Talks about the life-long journey of grief and explains that everyone has grief related to something in life.
- Mentions the importance of honoring one another’s stories by stopping the comparison.
- Describes what it means to live a childfull life and how she finds ways to “mother and nurture.”
- Parting piece of wisdom: “If you speak your truth, you will be surprised by the support you get and you can trust that this will be okay.”
Connect with Justine Brooks Froelker:
I’m dedicating this podcast episode to National Infertility Awareness Week and to the launch of Justine Brooks Froelker’s latest book The Mother of Second Chances, based on her blog Ever Upward releasing on April 17th. For five weeks 25 amazing women will share their stories of infertility and loss as part of this incredible blog tour, because together we can shatter the stigma.
Friday Sarah shared her story and tomorrow we will hear from Jody at Gateway Women. We would love for you to participate by sharing these posts far and wide. We’d especially love to see your own broken silence by sharing your own infertility story using the hastags: #NIAW, #infertility and #EverUpward.
If you’re following along the blog tour to hear Stephanie Risinger’s infertility story, listen to this episode.
About the Author
Stephanie is a podcast host, entrepreneur, holistic wellness advocate, singer, and CrossFit enthusiast.