Faith and Loss with Lauren Bourne (replay)
Lauren Bourne is the Founder of I Am Fruitful, a non-profit that supports couples struggling with infertility, miscarriage, and infant loss. She and her husband, Billy, are passionate about encouraging couples in a small group setting. Lauren is the author of Lay It Down: 14 Days of Prayer Through the Two Week Wait and also the (soon to be released) adult coloring book Joy Comes in the Morning: Coloring Through Infant Loss and Miscarriage. She has been blessed with two miracle babies.
In this episode, Lauren:
- Shares her personal story of trying to conceive and experiencing 3 miscarriages.
- Talks about the importance of allowing oneself to grieve the loss.
- Points out that everyone grieves differently.
- Discusses how her losses challenged her faith.
- Gives suggestions about how friends and family can support someone who has experienced a pregnancy or infant loss.
- Tells about what she is doing now to support women and couples through fertility challenges.
- Parting piece of wisdom: Spend time in God’s presence and stop calling yourself infertile. Begin to speak life over yourself.
Connect with Lauren Bourne:
About the Author
Stephanie is a podcast host, entrepreneur, holistic wellness advocate, singer, and CrossFit enthusiast.